15 November 2007

Path To My African Eyes


Ever since PATH TO MY AFRICAN EYES arrived at bookstores this October, I’ve been walking on air. I want to say a big THANK YOU to the team at Just Us Books for making this possible. I’m especially grateful to my editor, Katura Hudson, for all the time she has put into the book. Her insights and valuable comments have been incredibly helpful. I also would like to thank my dear writing buddy, Lou Lynda Richards for her invaluable feedback. Another special friend, Fran Lantz, would be so proud if she were here. I will always hear her advising me on plot development. Last, but not least, thanks goes to my husband, Daryl Cooper, for making me do it!

I wrote PATH TO MY AFRICAN EYES to celebrate and share some of the beauty to be found at the bottom of the African continent, land of my birth. I invite you to open the book and meet the fascinating Thandi Sobukwe. She’ll take you into her teen life and tell you all about that exciting, difficult, wonderful, lonely, unforgettable time when she left Cape Town, South Africa with her family for a new home in California.

No comments: