07 January 2008

Bangalore

Day 2 in India. Well, it's quite a culture shock. So much to take in. Bangalore has everything you would find in the west in terms of shops and services, yet it looks so utterly shabby. The air is heavily polluted, there's so much noise, the streets are dusty, litter everywhere, the buildings completely neglected. Yet there is an energy. Walking around is a lot of fun. I met up with three women - an Australian, a Canadian, and an English woman - and they invited me to go to the movies with them. We saw "Aum shanti Aum" which even though it was in Hindi with no englsih subtitles was quite enjoyable. I had my first autorickshaw ride today. Wow! I'm amazed I'm not munched. Tomorrow I leave Bangalore by train and will head out to Mysore.

1 comment:

Olive Branch Traders said...

Ermila!
It all sounds fascinating! I am reading, I am imagining, I am enjoying your trip.

...I am thinking about you so very far from home, and yet so very near to home.

Enjoy, Janis